Job Title: Service Desk
NFP Rate: $25.69
Will close to submissions: Thursday 3/14/19 at 10:00am EST
Local candidates only. A video interview (InterviewStream) will be required for this position. A follow-up onsite interview will be required.
Preference will be given to candidates who can start a project quickly. Extensions are possible, but not guaranteed.
FRANKLIN COUNTY DATA CENTER
Open Contractor Assignment
Title: Service Desk Contractor
Estimated Length of Assignment: 3 Months *Assignment may end at any time.
The Service Desk contractor is expected to be able to handle typical service desk, help desk, desktop, and general software, and general computer issues. The primary role is to manage the onboarding requests for new users, quarterly user updates, and any updates, additions, or deletions of users. These functions include, but are not limited to, creating new users in Active Directory, setting up rights to applications and folders, and create Exchange email accounts. The operations are commonly referred to as “MACD”.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Create users in current Active Directory structure, including any cloud based directories as appropriate.
- Create Exchange based email accounts, including any cloud based infrastructure email.
- Assign rights to applications.
- Assign rights to network services including folders, printers, database account rights, non-Windows based services, and user based drives. This may also include cloud services.
- Password resets on current users across multiple applications, including but not limited to; Active Directory accounts, email accounts, remote access, and internal applications.
- Emergency based changes which may include off hours work.
- Deletion and disabling of users, including emergency changes.
- Regularly scheduled cleanup of accounts.
- Remediation of issues related to user accounts.
- Management of secondary accounts and privileged access accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid technical background with service desk and desktop support
- Basic understanding and operations of Active Directory.
- Basic understanding and operations of Exchange.
- Should be able to make an impact on day one of this project.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university with courses in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of IT related experience.
- Experience configuring and managing Active Directory and Exchange as it relates to the job functions.
The Screening Process:
- At least one onsite technical screening with FCDC Director of Enterprise Architecture and the manager of the service desk team. This may include a technical assessment.