Job Classification: Programmer 4 (PR4) Sitecore Developer
Role: The Programmer 4 (PR4) is requested from February 26, 2018 to June 30, 2018 Note: this position is active for the remainder of the state Fiscal Year 2018, with a possibility for continuation into FY 2019 depending on scope and need for additional ongoing support.
MBE/Open Market: MBE
Interview: Onsite only- local candidate only please. Please submit resumes in a word document and remove all candidate personal information (phone,address,email) and vendor information (logos).
Will close to submissions on: Monday 2/5 @ 10AM
PLEASE DO NOT reach out to ANY individuals at ODOT regarding this posting nor candidates for this posting. All questions/comments/etc. must be directed to the MSP Team, specifically, Andy Hovest. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support on this.
Project Background: The Ohio Department of Transportation's Office of Communications is in the process of implementing a fully redesigned version of its public-facing website, built on the Sitecore 8.1 platform. The new website incorporates highly-customized components and functionality developed by a third-party vendor to produce a user experience that uniquely supports ODOT's vision for a modern, responsive website serving many distinct audiences of the traveling public. The new website is still under development, with an estimated "soft launch" planned for Spring/Summer 2018. ODOT is seeking an experienced Sitecore administrator/develop resource to join ODOT's Website Redesign project team to help ODOT complete remaining tasks and successfully implement the new website.
ODOT is seeking a candidate to provide system administration and custom development support for ODOT's Sitecore system. The candidate's tasks and duties will be directed by ODOT's Office of Communications and ODOT's Division of IT, and will entail (at a minimum) the following:
• • Work closely with ODOT's Office of Communications to fully understand project vision and goals, timelines, and team member expectations.
• • Work closely with ODOT's Division of IT to understand guidelines and policies governing ODOT's maintenance and support of enterprise systems.
• • Ensure Sitecore operability and stability for three hosted environments: Dev, Test, and Production. Note: The environments themselves are managed/maintained by the Ohio Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Requirement description for candidate:
.. Will be expected to work/coordinate with the OIT team for certain types of administrative tasks, such as server actions, database troubleshooting, performance monitoring, etc.
• • Manage the ASP.Net codebase for customized Sitecore application components using Visual Studio/TFS, in accordance with Division of IT guidelines. This includes at a minimum code branch management, builds, versioning, and deployments to OIT environments.
• • Manage user access and permissions to the Sitecore system in accordance with Office of Communications and Division of IT guidelines and security policies.
• • Proactively identify, track, and resolve issues and risks related to system operability/stability.
• • Develop custom Sitecore code as requested by the Office of Communications, and in coordination with the coding/technology policies of the Division of IT.
• • Provide status of work and deliverables estimates to Team Lead.
• • Able to working as part of an interdisciplinary team and individually, with an ability to manage time, work under pressure of tight deadlines, and meet assigned deadlines.
• • Solid understanding of software design and development methodologies, object oriented programming, and database design.
• • Ability to collaborate, negotiate and take direction form the supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
• • Experience working with interactive teams of business users and IT staff on web based applications/ web sites.
• • Team player with proven problem solving skills, analytical thinking skills, troubleshooting skills, and good verbal/written communication skills.
• • Strong organizational and time management skills
• • Proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• • Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent technical degree with advanced study.