Job Title: Business Analyst 3/BA3
Interview: Onsite only- local candidates. Please submit resumes in a word document and remove all candidate personal information (phone,address,email) and vendor information (logos).
Please do not submit candidates that were recently submitted to other ODOT BA3 requests
Will close to submissions on: Wednesday 1/17 @ 10AM
PLEASE DO NOT reach out to ANY individuals at ODOT regarding this posting nor candidates for this posting. All questions/comments/etc. must be directed to the MSP Team, specifically, Andy Hovest. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support on this.
Job Classification: Business Analyst (BA3)
Role: Business Analyst 3 (BA3). The BA3 is requested from February 5, 2018 to June 30, 2018 (840 hours)
ALPS Project: DOT Staff Aug
MBE/Open Market: Open Market
This position will function as a highly skilled BA3 for Ohio Department of Transportation’s PMO with specific responsibilities that include:
• Work with business units and other stakeholders to gather requirements, using techniques such as interviews and requirement gathering sessions.
• Elicit, analyze, document, and communicate business requirements as well translate them into more detailed user stories and/or use cases, and other functional requirements documents such as process flows, screen mock-ups, gap analysis (also known as Business Requirements Documents)
• Create documents and other artifacts to promote sustainable knowledge management within the organization.
• Work closely with the program manager, project manager and senior business analyst.
• Experience conducting Facilitated Workshops for requirements analysis.
• Experience creating workflows using formal notation such as the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN).
• Knowledge of formal requirements gathering methodologies.
• Experience developing Business Requirements - project initiation document, what the needed achievements will be, and the quality measures.
• Experience developing Functional requirements - describe what the system, process, or product/service must do in order to fulfill the business requirements.
• Experience developing User (stakeholder) requirements - are a very important part of the deliverables, the needs of the stakeholders will have to be correctly interpreted. This deliverable can also reflect how the product will be designed, developed, and define how test cases must be formulated.
• Experience developing Report Specifications - define the purpose of a report, its justification, attributes and columns, owners and runtime parameters.
• Experience developing Requirements Traceability Matrix - a cross matrix for recording the requirements through each stage of the requirements gathering process.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong English writing skills.
• Experience developing graphic representations of complex business processes.
• Experience in a leadership role as a Business Analyst.
• Ability to be a self-starter in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to communicate with many different stakeholders.
• 7 years’ experience in the analysis, documentation of business requirements functional and non-functional
• 7 years’ experience creating application prototypes and screen mockups
• 7 years’ experience creating graphical representations of complex business processes
• 7 years’ experience in using Microsoft products; Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• 7 years’ experience facilitating workshops for requirements gathering
• 5 years’ experience managing requirements on several projects at the same time
• 7 years’ experience in analyzing data elements of enterprise applications; determining how the data elements relate to each other
• 6 years’ experience with business process modeling methods and techniques
• 7 years’ experience performing Gap analysis As-Is/To-Be for large applications