ODOT is looking for a Voice Data Engineer (VDE2) for an assignment through the end of the fiscal year with a possible extension through FY18. The VDE2 is requested from May 1 2017 to June 30, 2017 (500 hours)
Job Classification: VDE2
ALPS Project: DOT-Staff Augmentation
The candidate wil be supporting The Department of Transportation's Network Team.
This posting will close to submissions on: Monday 5/1 @ 9AM
Local candidates only and onsite interviews are REQUIRED. Do not submit candidates unavailable to interview onsite.
Please submit resumes in a word document and remove all candidate personal (phone email)and vendor information.
PLEASE DO NOT reach out to ANY individuals at ODOT regarding this posting nor candidates for this posting. All questions/comments/etc. must be directed to the MSP Team, specifically, Andy Hovest. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support on this.
This position will function as a highly skilled Voice Data Engineer with specific responsibilities that include:
1. Monitor & troubleshoot ODOT voice & data telecommunications network.
2. Plan & coordinate voice & data project requirements for telecommunications equipment installations/moves.
3. Troubleshoot & coordinate faxes, modems, hubs, routers, switches, controllers & associated cabling for LANs/Wan and communication equipment in ODOT facilities.
4. Supervise and monitor hardware installation & repair in ODOT counties/outposts & right a ways.
5. Inventory & salvage telecommunications equipment.
6. Submit incidents with local service providers such as local Teleco/internet providers/State of Ohio One network/State of Ohio CSC.
7. Analyze data on ISP/circuit boards, usages & outages.
8. Coordinate & track vendor response time & incident reports in order to facilitate more efficient resolution of ISP/circuit outages in telecommunications network system.
9. Evaluate project needs and procure resources to complete projects.
10. Participate in development, implementation & administration of telecommunications systems.
11. Develop & implement procedures and policies pertaining to use of network.
12. Act as the escalation point for high priority issues.
• Working knowledge of voice and data services and technologies.
• Working knowledge of network applications, switches and servers.
• Strong communication/leadership skills.
• Strong influence, collaboration and negotiation experience.
• Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
• Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
• Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
• Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
4 year college degree or equivalent technical study.
4 years’ of relevant experience.
VoIP and Telecomm experience.