Job Classification: Quality Assurance Specialist 4 (QAS4)
Interview Process: Candidates MUST be available for in person interview 1/5/17
Will close to submissions on: 1/3 at 12:00 PM EST
This will likely be extended FY18
QAS4 to help IT design, pilot, and implement the software quality assurance review process. Will help development teams test software quality for production deployment.
This position will function as a highly skilled Quality Assurance Specialist with specific responsibilities that include:
1. Proactively engage in the end-to-end software testing cycle as it pertains to the project.
2. Work closely with and follow direction from QA Manager
3. Contribute to the establishment of and meet quality goals and objectives for the project.
4. Contribute to all aspects of quality assurance for the project including establishing relevant metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
5. With input from QA Manager and team, develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
6. Work with the ODPS project team to test updates, patches, and repairs to the application software components in the development, test, and QA environments. Develop software changes for promotion to production following best practice and standards as defined by the ODPS ITO.
7. Take corrective action, subject to the ODPS Management approval, to resolve all issues and problems encountered with testing to ensure the applications perform as required.
8. Design, develop, execute and maintain automated test scripts.
9. Perform, maintain, create and execute load tests on applications as needed based on defined processes
This is canned statement with hours, background check and interview date/time:
During the interview process with the ODPS staff, the resource consultant must demonstrate competence/experience in their specific area(s) of project assignment. The resource’s experience must also be documented for review and verification. Offered resources not showing technical or functional competence/experience will be sufficient reason to reject the Offeror’s proposal. It is the responsibility of the Offeror to pre-screen their candidates to ensure compliance. Resource will have a background check conducted by ODPS.
1. Strong communication/ leadership skills.
2. Strong influence, collaboration and negotiation experience.
3. Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
4. Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
5. Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
6. Have strong understanding of prioritization stemming from the elicitation of system and/or user requirements.
7. Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
8. Must be knowledgeable in the English language/speak clearly and understandably use the English language.
9. Must meet productivity standards, complete work in timely manner and strive to increase productivity
10 Years in testing I.T products and applications.
5 Years automation experience using MS Visual Studio Coded UI, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager
5 Years of verifiable .NET Development/scripting experience in C#
5 Years in End to End Test Automation experience
5 years of verifiable experience with SQL Server Database Design and development including optimization of queries, creating tables, views, stored procedures, and functions.
5 Years demonstrated experience in converting existing manual test cases to automation scripts.
5 Years conducting test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality.
Contributes to continuous process improvements to increase the efficiency of QA and development.
Excellent communication skills both written and oral Needs to show at least 1 year Quality Assurance experience in a technical capacity with a large organization as ODPS. The experience must encompass the writing of test strategies, test scenarios, test plans and test scripts.
Must have at least 1 year experience working on Agile/Scrum I.T. projects.
Must have experience working with Microsoft Test Manager on at least one project
1 year experience or a demonstrable understanding of code repository strategies, code promotion strategies and recovery using Team Foundation Server.
Experience with load and performance testing in a multi-tier application Application tiers with multiple servers and Sql Server clusters. Experience in analyzing the results of the testing to determine solutions to problem areas.
Certifications in Software Testing Field.
Certifications in Microsoft tools and technologies.
CRUD Testing experience
Test coverage and estimations experience