REPOST 74700 - Do not submit duplicate bids.
Agency: Department of Public Safety
Job Classification: IT Security Specialist 2/ITSS2
NFP Rate: 58.05
Will Close to Submissions on: Thursday, September 17th at 10am EST
Right To Represent Must Be Included on Submission
Take note of close date on submissions- Withdrawn candidates will not be permitted to be replaced.
Vulnerability assessments will be a large portion of job responsibilities for this role. andidates should clearly outline and elaborate on their past work experience with vulnerability assessments. Additionally, candidates should have proven past work experience (outlined on their resume) working with customers to provide reports and results. Candidates should also have experience with applications and external facing websites. Top candidates will be requested to record a video interview prior to speaking with the DPS Team. Please ensure potential candidates are able to verbally outline their past work experience with vulnerability assessments in that interview and clearly communicate their work experience with vulnerability assessments.
Role: It Security Specialist 2
ALPS Project: DPS01 – Consultants (SOG/Online Driver Training)
MBE/Open Market: MBE
Security Consultant to help IT Augment the cyber security staff.
This position will function as a highly skilled Cyber Security Consultant with specific responsibilities that include:
1. Provide vulnerability assessments for the Online Driver Schools per outlined requirements. (**Note this will be primary duty ~ 50% of work time).
2. Monitor network and information system cyber activity.
3. Respond to alerts (analyze, interpret, investigate, resolve) based on monitoring activity, for security (malware, malicious actor), and other purposes (malicious activity, misuse, etc.). Uses creativity and innovation to automate and streamline processes and procedures.
4. Understands customer support, likes to work with people and can ensure that the customer is satisfied.
5. Manage, update, modify alerts, adjust/fine tune event correlation rules, etc. (e.g. filter false positives, increase accuracy/relevance/effectiveness), create new rules based on threat changes/evolving risk, etc.
6. Understanding of basic Networking principles, including network troubleshooting for connectivity issues, DHCP, DNS, use of tools like PING, NSLOOKUP and NETSTAT
7. Perform specialized security functions (e.g. forensics or incident response).
8. Perform event correlation, analysis of malicious activity indicators, and appropriate response, based on review and access to multiple security tools and services. “Threat Hunting”
9. Provide routine security and general support (tickets, ad-hoc requests, etc.) to all DPS departments/users, IT groups/resources, external (other state agencies, public), etc.
10. SPECIAL NOTE: We are running a 24/7 operation. Consultant may need to come in during incident or emergency situations.
During the interview process with the ODPS staff, the resource consultant must demonstrate competence/experience in their specific area(s) of project assignment. The resource’s experience must also be documented for review and verification. Offered resources not showing technical or functional competence/experience will be sufficient reason to reject the Offeror’s proposal. It is the responsibility of the Offeror to pre-screen their candidates to ensure compliance. Resource will have a background check conducted by ODPS.
1. Strong communication/ leadership skills.
2. Strong influence, collaboration and negotiation experience.
3. Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
4. Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
5. Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
6. Have strong understanding of prioritization stemming from the elicitation of system and/or user requirements.
7. Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
8. Must be knowledgeable in the English language/speak clearly and understandably use the English language.
1. 3 total years I.T experience.
2. 1 Years SIEM
3. 3 years customer service experience
4. 3 years Troubleshooting experience
5. 3 years knowledge of Networking to including PING, NETSTAT, DHCP, DNS, and NSLOOKUP.
6. 1 years’ experience with Active Directory.
7. 2 years experience with Web Filtering and Security
8. 1 years Microsoft server experience
9. 1 years Linux experience
10. 2 years of Vulnerability scanning experience
11. 1 years A/V experience
12. 1 years IDS/IPS
13. Contributes to continuous process improvements to increase the efficiency of section.
14. Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Vulnerability Scanning tools for app and server.
• Web Security Gateway
• Certifications in Microsoft
• Powershell scripting.
• A/V Enterprise solutions
• OWASP Zap
• Other security related tools.
• ITIL Knowledge and ITSM Tools