Job Title: Technical Specialist 4/TS4
NFP Rate: $86.29
Posting will close to submissions on: Wednesday 3/20 @ 10AM
This will be an estimated 12 month position
Local Candidates highly preferred- in-person interviews are required.
The Ohio.org website is currently developed in WordPress The Development Services Agency is looking for a Staff Augmentation resource for help improve the site performance, architecture, and theme.
The Technical Specialist is the expert for a technical development or execution environment product or set of products. The primary responsibility of the Technical Specialist is to ensure the availability and facilitate the productive use of a product for Application Teams or end users. . The Technical Specialist will have significant experience in the operating environment(s) (e.g., HP/UX, NT, MVS, etc.) on which the product is implemented. If the product is one that was internally developed, the supporting PS should also have most of the skills of a Programmer. The Technical Specialist is responsible for collaborating with Technical Architecture Specialist, System Specialists, Programmers and vendors to ensure and enhance the use of the product and effect migration to new versions of a product. Along with WordPress, the Technical specialist needs to know and have .PHP development skills. They must have an advanced understanding of MySQL.
Web Page Design.
The Contractor must follow State of Ohio website policies (IT-06, ITP-F.3, ITP-F.35) to design a user-friendly, emotion-driven, professional, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant website, in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29USC794d,1998) and Title 36 of the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1194.22. More information can be found at: http://das.ohio.gov/Divisions/InformationTechnology/StateofOhioITPolicies.aspx.
The Ohio Department of Development Services recently launched a new tourism website. This website was developed using the WordPress content management system. Going forward, ongoing maintenance and support is necessary to address issues and make enhancements. This document aims to describe the areas of maintenance and support needed for the website.
When going live with the website, the team decided to forego complex features to increase time to market. These additional features will need to be prioritized and detailed further.
- Nearby Destinations
- When on an individual listing page, we would like for nearby destinations, with distance described, to be listed.
Maintenance and Support
Currently, website maintenance and support are handled by IT, Communications, and Civitas. There is a need for ongoing maintenance of the website.
Maintenance and support needs:
- Image optimization
- To maintain a fast website speed, images must be optimized, but image clarity must also be kept.
- SEO Optimization
- Reviewing the crawl of the website, and “re-crawling” if necessary to enhance SEO.
- WordPress Administration and Plugin Maintenance
- All plugins should be reviewed on a regular basis to determine if they are still needed.
- All plugins need to be kept up-to-date
- Any recommended plugins should be reviewed by security.
- PHP Coding
- The theme for the site is built on PHP templates that need updated frequently
- An inventory of what is being used and what isn’t needs to be completed and the templates need to be cleaned up
- MySQL Optimization
- MySQL settings need to be reviewed and updated to improve performance.
- The mysqldatabase should be kept clean when plugins are removed.
- An API is being developed to import events and destinations
- The apiwill need to be monitored to unsure it is working properly