Job Description: PS5
NFP Rate: $73.13
Will close to submissions: Thursday 11/1/2018 at 10:00am EST
Interviews: Onsite or Skype
Product Specialist 5 – General .NET
. In the DODD environment the product specialist will work with a diverse yet integrated stack of primarily Microsoft products. This position will be responsible for development and for functioning as a Technical SME on enterprise-wide systems.
. The Product Specialist at DODD will work on a variety of tasks in support of DODD mission critical applications. These tasks will include working with the assigned DODD team leader as one of the primary support resources for issues that arise with any of DODD’s Internet based applications. In this role, the incumbent will need to have knowledge of standard programming platforms and development tools such as VSTS 2015/2017, VB .NET/C# and SharePoint.
. Primarily, the incumbent will work hands on with application development and serve as a technical lead for development staff as assigned. The incumbent will develop/understand the following skills:
• Understanding of the DODD environments (Pre-prod and production);
• Understand DODD AGILE practices and DODD code migration procedures;
• DODD Application standards such as:
o VB .Net .NET framework 3.5 and higher,
o MVC as well as traditional .NET,
o N-tier applications,
o TFS and VSTS;
• Some security knowledge such as Active Directory and ADFS;
• Some infrastructure background such as DNS, IIS, load balancing, and session management.
Secondarily, expectations of the incumbent will be knowledge of TFS in order to interact with DODD’s TFS code administration server. As a lead, the incumbent could assist in development of code builds, assisting developers with code builds and providing guidance on branching, merging and shelving strategies implicit in TFS. Additionally, the incumbent may interact with the DODD infrastructure team to troubleshoot application support and new development issues related to code deployments and implementations. The incumbent will also interact with the DODD security team in support of the continued role out and deployment of the new DODD security platform for applications that includes components related to the following Microsoft technologies (ADFS, MIM and WAP).
The Product Specialist requires significant to expert experience and skills in the technologies listed above. The Product Specialist will usually also have significant experience in the operating environment (windows server)) on which the development platform and associated applications are hosted. If the product is one that was internally developed, the supporting PS should also have most of the skills of a Programmer. The Product Specialist is responsible for collaborating with Technical Architecture Specialist, System Specialists, Programmers and vendors to ensure and enhance the use of the product and effect migration to new versions of a product.
All roles specified in PS4 plus the following:
• Responsible for functioning as the Technical SME on an enterprise-wide system.
• Proven track record of hands-on technical design and code work within large complex systems.
• Proven hands-on technical work with a variety of technologies.
• Demonstrated technical expertise integrating a variety of diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies.
• Proven experience mentoring and performing supervisory functions for technical teams.
• Ability to make best practice recommendations based on past work.
• Proven ability to present complex technical constructs to business and non-technical users.
• Proven ability to collaborate with business users, project managers and technical architects.