Job Title: Subject Matter Expert (SME1) with expertise in Disaster Recovery
Will close to submissions: Wednesday 10/31/2018 at 10:00am EST
Interviews: Candidates will be required to interview onsite
Role, Start/End Date One: (1) Subject Matter Expert (SME1) with expertise in Disaster Recovery November 5, 2018 to June 30, 2019 (1620 hours)
NFP Rate: $80.65
Work with and advise the Dept. of Public Safety (ODPS) Information Technology Office to:
• Develop a strategic and tactical approach to IT disaster
recovery within ODPS fiscal, technological and environmental
• Conduct comprehensive threat & risk assessment (TRA) of ODPS IT to understand & mitigate probabilities of catastrophic occurrences affecting ODPS
• Assist business units (Agency Divisions) to define IT disaster recovery requirements
• Develop a plan to meet Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) per business unit requirements
• Assist with creating an IT disaster recovery policy
• Knowledge transfer to ODPS staff
During the interview process with the ODPS staff, the consultant candidate must demonstrate competence and experience in their ability to define disaster recovery requirements (DR) and develop a DR plan based on those requirements.
The consultant candidate’s experience must also be documented for review and verification. Candidates not showing technical or functional competence and experience will be sufficient reason to reject the Offeror’s proposal. It is the responsibility of the Offeror to pre-screen their candidates to ensure compliance.
The ODPS has estimated that it will require one (1) full-time resource to provide up to one thousand six-hundred twenty (1620) hours for Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19) with potential to remain for another three-hundred twenty (320) hours in Fiscal Year 2020 (FY20).
• Enthusiasm and determination for meeting project goals.
• Collaborative work ethic.
• Continuous learning and improvement mindset.
• Excellent English language communication (oral and written) skills.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Excellent collaboration skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent relationship building and maintenance skills.
• Excellent meeting and work session facilitation skills and experience.
• Excellent influence and negotiation skills and experience.
• Excellent conflict management skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent project planning skills.
• Excellent decision-making skills.
• Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize efforts and adjust situationally.
• Ability to drive toward clarity out of ambiguity.
Required Experience Need Mandatory Requirements/Time:
• 5+ years IT disaster recovery planning and testing experience
• Experience in disaster recovery policy development
• Experience performing risk assessments
• Knowledge of Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) and other disaster recovery cloud solutions
• Disaster recovery certification(s).
• BS degree in technology or business.