Job Classification: Programmer 5 - IT Service Management [ServiceNow] Developer
Agency: Department of Administrative Services- SOCC
Primary Work Location: 1320 Arthur E. Adams Dr. Columbus Ohio
Supplier List: MBE Only
Interview Process: All interviews must be conducted on-site- work will be onsite
Will Close to Submission on: 4/16/18 at 10:00 am
This position is with the State of Ohio and is responsible for the development and integration of
technical solutions that will address business problems while advancing Enterprise efforts to
strategically align and automate services and support. This may include ITSM enhancements and
systems integration using the ITIL methodology needed to fulfill business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with development/enhancements requests, stories and/or projects related to ITSM
ServiceNow application as defined in business requirements and technical documents.
• Identify automation opportunities and make recommendation for improvements to ITSM
modules such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Asset
Management, CMDB and Service Catalog Requests.
• Through documented procedures, identify defects/inefficiencies and make
recommendations to streamline processes and improve service and support expectations.
• Provide ability to report root cause analysis, through trending, to improve service delivery,
equipment life cycle, technology trends, and service support ownership.
• Prepare and provide documents such as test scripts/steps, workflows, business
• Assist with monthly ITSM ServiceNow releases which may include system/integration
testing, UAT and validation.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
• 5+ years in systems development life cycle including planning, defining, designing, building,
testing and deployment.
• 5+ years ServiceNow Developer with an advanced knowledge of the platform.
• 3+ years understanding of ITIL frameworks and processes such as Incident, Problem, Change
and Request Fulfillment.
ASP, HTML, DHTML or IIS.
• Strong skills with Web Services and SOAP/REST API, Discovery and workflow is preferred.
• 3+ years of experience with MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Experienced Thought Leader that is an expert in your technical field skilled with the ability to
turn innovative ideas into reality.
• Experience working in a fast-paced team environment to complete multiple projects
simultaneously according to business and technical requirements
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build strong collaborative partnerships across
functional lines and at all levels within the organization and the business
• A synergistic team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Solid leadership, problem solving, project management and decision-making skills.
• Results-driven with consistent success in delivering business objectives that improves
service and support
• Flexible, dependable and able to work in a team environment