DOT is looking for a System Administrator 3 (SA3) for an assignment through the end of the fiscal year with a possible extension through FY18. A complete job description is attached.
This posting will close to submissions on: Friday 4/21 @ 10AM
Local candidates only and onsite interviews are REQUIRED. Do not submit candidates unavailable to interview onsite.
Please submit resumes in a word document and remove all candidate personal (phone email)and vendor information.
(1) System Administrator (SA3)
The System Administrator 3 (SA3) is requested from May 1, 2017 to June 30, 2017 (400 hours)
ALPS Project: DOT- Staff Augmentation
The candidate will be supporting The Ohio Department of Transportation’s Office of Maintenance Operations.
The System Administrator's primary role is implementation of Maintenance Operations reporting solutions by building optimal reporting models and tools, including gathering requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to all stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
The System Administrator (SA) will work with non-technical partners to build contract order tools that will translate multiple data sets based on selected parameters. The SA will also build new or enhanced functional reports and tools. The SA is a critical link between the Subject Matter Experts (SME) providing the business requirements, and the County management teams using the reporting solution.
This position will function as a highly skilled SA3 with specific responsibilities that include:
• Operate effectively as a member of the Maintenance Operations team.
• Operate efficiently as an individual for quick turnaround of report enhancements and fixes.
• Conduct analysis of business and user needs in order to develop requirements documentation, for the implementation or revision of reporting systems for the Maintenance Operations business unit.
• Capture, consolidate, and communicate the information between Maintenance Operations Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to team members.
• Gather business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for the creation of reporting tool features, enhancements, and functions.
• Manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
• Manage expectations at all level: customers/end users, executive sponsors.
• Solid understanding of environment concept.
• Ensure quality standards are followed.
• Understand the design of consistent system layouts.
• Elicit requirements using brainstorming, interviews, data analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, and scenarios.
• Work with Maintenance Operations team to create reporting models and tools.
• Capture, consolidate, and communicate information from the SMEs and transform data into reporting mechanisms is critical to the success of this role.
• Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work within tight deadlines, are key attributes of the successful candidate.
• Proven success in the ability to capture, consolidate, and communicate information from SMEs and transform data into reporting mechanisms.
• Proven ability to setup and work with templates in MS Excel.
• Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
4 year college degree or equivalent technical study.
• 4+ years' experience as a Systems Analyst
• Advanced to Expert experience using MS Excel
• Intermediate to Advanced experience using MS Visual Basic
• Intermediate to Advanced Expert experience using MS SQL
• Must be proficient in using Google and/or Bing maps to perform and extract routing calculations
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
• GIS experience a plus
• MS Access experience a plus
• Familiarity with Office365 a plus