ODOT is looking to add an NE3 (Network Engineer 3) for a project through FY2017. Extensions are possible into FY 2018.
Job Classification: NE3
ALPS Project: DOT -Staff Augmentation
The candidate will be supporting The Ohio Department of Transportation's Network Team
Local candidates available for onsite interviews REQUIRED. Do not submit candidates unavailable to interview onsite.
Please submit resumes in a word document and remove all candidate personal (phone email)and vendor information.
Posting will close to submissions on: Monday 5/1 @ 9AM
PLEASE DO NOT reach out to ANY individuals at ODOT regarding this posting nor candidates for this posting. All questions/comments/etc. must be directed to the MSP Team, specifically, Andy Hovest. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support on this.
This position will be assisting ODOT to provide a network assessment with specific responsibilities that include:
1. Install, configure, and manage server hosted network attached storage (NAS) and storage area network (SAN) disk storage technologies tied to network infrastructure.
2. Install complex computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
3. Design, install, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot network equipment such as, but not limited to, Hubs, Network Interface Cards (NIC), Local Area Network (LAN) cards, hard drives, Ethernet switches, routers, wireless bridges, monitoring devices, access points, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and content devices.
4. Test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software in preparation of new installation or upgrade.
5. Work with vendors to resolve problems.
6. Execute changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
7. Supervise other team members and provide training in advanced networking skills
8. Function as enterprise infrastructure expert in maintaining large, disparate systems and networks.
9. Confer with Network Architects or systems managers to ensure compliance of DTI standards.
10. Write and produce technical documentation.
• Working knowledge of network applications, switches and servers.
• Experience in network cabling systems and fiber optic cabling.
• Strong communication/leadership skills.
• Strong influence, collaboration and negotiation experience.
• Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
• Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
• Act as the escalation point for high priority support issues.
• Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
• Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
4 year college degree or equivalent technical study or Network Certification.
5 plus years of relevant experience.
• VoIP and Telecomm experience.