ODOT is looking for an NA2 (Network Architect 2) for a project through FY2017. Extensions possible through FY2018.
Job Classification: NAR2
ALPS Project: DOT-Staff Augmentation
The candidate will be supporting The Ohio Department of Transportation's Network Team
Local candidates available for onsite interviews REQUIRED. Do not submit candidates unavailable to interview onsite.
Please submit resumes in a word document and remove all candidate personal (phone email)and vendor information.
Posting will close to submissions on: Monday 5/1 @ 9AM
PLEASE DO NOT reach out to ANY individuals at ODOT regarding this posting nor candidates for this posting. All questions/comments/etc. must be directed to the MSP Team, specifically, Andy Hovest. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support on this.
This position will be assisting ODOT to provide a network assessment with specific responsibilities that include:
1. Provide Network analysis related to infrastructure design.
2. Problem resolution and project management.
3. Provide advanced experience with, but not limited to routers, firewalls, switches and servers.
4. Knowledge of maintenance and mitigation techniques for improving and sustaining network operations at a high availability level.
• Proficient in proprietary network technology.
• Experience with designing and implementing enterprise class wide area networks.
• Experience with Firewalls, VPN, encryption, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and penetration testing.
• Strong communication/leadership skills.
• Strong influence, collaboration and negotiation experience.
• Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
• Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
• Act as the escalation point for high priority support issues.
• Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
• Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
4 year college degree or equivalent technical study.
4 to 7 years of relevant experience.
• VoIP and Telecomm experience