Job Classification: ITSS2
Role: IT Security Specialist 2
SPECIAL NOTE: This team is running a 24/7 operation. Consultant may need to come in during incident or emergency situations.
Will Close to Submissions on: 12/5 at 3:00 PM
Interview Process: Local Candidates HIGHLY preferred. In person Interviews will be held on 12/7/16
Security Consultant to help IT Augment the security staff until OIT can take over all Security related needs for the agency.
This position will function as a highly skilled Security Consultant with specific responsibilities that include:
1. Monitor network and information system activity.
2. Respond to alerts (analyze, interpret, investigate, resolve) based on monitoring activity, for security (malware, malicious actor), and other purposes (malicious activity, misuse, etc.)Uses creativity and innovation to automate and streamline processes and procedures.
3. Understands customer support, likes to work with people and can ensure that the customer is satisfied.
4. Manage, update, modify alerts, adjust/fine tune event correlation rules, etc. (e.g. filter false positives, increase accuracy/relevance/effectiveness), create new rules based on threat changes/evolving risk, etc.
5. Understanding of basic Networking principles, including network troubleshooting for connectivity issues, DHCP, DNS, use of tools like PING, NSLOOKUP and NETSTAT
6. Perform specialized security functions (e.g. forensics for incident response).
7. Perform event correlation, analysis of malicious activity indicators, and appropriate response, based on review and access to multiple security tools and services.
8. Provide routine security and general support (tickets, ad-hoc requests, etc.) to all DPS departments/users, IT groups/resources, external (other state agencies, public), etc.
9. SPECIAL NOTE: We are running a 24/7 operation. Consultant may need to come in during incident or emergency situations.
During the interview process with the ODPS staff, the resource consultant must demonstrate competence/experience in their specific area(s) of project assignment. The resource’s experience must also be documented for review and verification. Offered resources not showing technical or functional competence/experience will be sufficient reason to reject the Offeror’s proposal. It is the responsibility of the Offeror to pre-screen their candidates to ensure compliance. Resource will have a background check conducted by ODPS.
1. Strong communication/leadership. Proven collaboration and teamwork skills.
2. Excellent oral and written skills/possess meeting facilitation experience.
3. Ability to work independently and as part of a team, ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
4. Strong understanding of prioritization stemming from the elicitation of system and/or user requirements.
5. Excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
6. Knowledgeable in the English language/speak clearly and understandably using the English language.
1. CISSP Required.
2. 10 Total years IT experience.
3. 8 Years IT security experience.
4. 8 Years customer service experience.
5. 2 Years SIEM experience (Q-Radar preferred).
6. 4 Years’ experience with Web and Email Filtering and Security (IronPort preferred).
7. 5 Years’ experience with Web Application Firewall/Database Activity Monitoring (Imperva preferred).
8. 3 Years of endpoint protection experience (McAfee preferred).
9. 1 year of vulnerability scanning experience (Qualys preferred).
10. 1 year of application security scanning experience (AppScan preferred).
11. 3 years IPS (IBM preferred).
12. Proven contributor to continuous process improvements to increase the efficiency of section.
13. 8 Years troubleshooting experience.
14. Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
15. 8 Years’ experience with Active Directory.
16. 8 Years knowledge of Networking to including PING, NETSTAT, DHCP, DNS, and NSLOOKUP.
IronPort Web/Email Security
McAfee Enterprise solutions
Other security related tools
Certifications in Microsoft
PowerShell 3.0 scripting background
ITIL Knowledge and ITSM Tools